Rock Nativity Scene CraftNovember 21, 2017
Semi-Natural Rock Nativity Scene
This rock nativity scene is semi-natural, you can go on a nature hunt for the materials.
This Rock Nativity Scene activity is simple so kids can grab the container of supplies and do the craft by themselves.
You can purchase the materials as well, that is up to you on types of materials to use.
* The only part the kids need help with is the hot glue part, a grown-up should be using and doing the hot glue part unless the child is old enough to do it while being supervised.
When I told Jehzel about this craft he was really excited to get started!
Before you get started, be sure you have all the supplies first. I recommend putting all supplies into a plastic shoe box sized container for when you are ready to make your Rock Nativity Scene.
Make it into a group activity with your friends, have a parent grab some supplies in larger quantities first here:
Materials For Rock Nativity Scene:
- Large flat rocks
- Small pebbles
- Twigs of different lengths that snap easily
- Hot glue gun
- Burlap covered canvas
- Floral moss
- Star shaped confetti
Instructions To Assemble Rock Nativity Scene:
- Begin by laying out twigs in the shape of a stable on the front of the burlap wrapped canvas. Make the stable large enough to hold all of the nativity characters you plan to include on your canvas. You can view the photo as an idea of the basic shape you need to create.
- Glue the twigs into place with a hot glue gun once you have them arranged where you would like them to be.
- Place a thin layer of hot glue along the twigs that form the stable and press some floral moss into it. Tap off the excess moss gently and allow the glue to dry and harden.
- Create a baby Jesus shape for your nativity by finding a medium sized, flat round stone for his body, and a small round pebble for his head. Hot glue him into place in the center of the nativity and leave room under him to create a manger out of twigs.
- Make a manger for baby Jesus out of twigs and glue it into place under him on the front of the canvas.
- Create other nativity characters of your choosing out of the larger flat stones and the small pebbles. These can include Mary, Joseph, wise men, shepherds and even sheep.
- Hot glue the different rock characters into place within the stable on the front of your burlap canvas.
- Glue a large star-shaped piece of confetti onto the top of your canvas above the stable.
You Have Now Completed Your Very
Own Rock Nativity Scene!
Easy and fun, great to display for friends and family to look at when they come and visit you!